Re: creating a folder in php

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 03:00, Adil wrote:
> man, you guys are harsh.  I didn't want a code sample or anything.  Just a
> pointer in the right direction, hehe.  I've done a lot of looking into this
> and couldn't come up with the right results.  I can easily specify a folder
> and submit it and have a php script do whatever but what I'm looking for is
> really to force any browser to display the save as dialog box

> or another
> example would be a "create folder" button that when clicked is able to
> launch a dialog box where you can traverse through the directory structure
> and create a folder.

Can't be done. Well it can be (it depends on browser and OS), but it's more
trouble than it's worth. You can have the button iniatite a 'dummy file
download', then when the "save file as ..." dialog comes up the user is
usually given a chance to browse and create new directories, after which they
can cancel the "save file" operation. What's wrong with the user creating
whatever folder they want, wherever they want, using whatever tool they want,
outside of the browser?