Re: ezmlm-sub or alternative

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 08:29, Mark Hubert wrote:
>   I'm writing a little script (my 3rd) that takes name (first, last) and
> email address
> and writes it to txt file and submits the email address to an EZMLM
> list server.
>
> All is well but I'm not sure where to go for the submission.
>
> The command line - ezmlm-sub works (from the shell)... if the user is
> root or vpopmail.
>
>   Is there a safe way to run the shell command via a php script?
> Or can someone suggest another way to submit an address to ezmlm.

You can enable remote administration then have php send mail to:

  yourlistname-subscribe-new-user=example.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This will subscribe new-user@xxxxxxxxxxx to the list
yourlistname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Make sure you use the 5th parameter in mail() to specify the remote
admin/moderators email address.

NB if you do not allow any other methods of subscribing to the list you may
want to disable subscription moderation so the remote admin don't have to
confirm each subscription request.