Re: Quick file_get_contents() questions...your opinion needed

I"m kinda bummed, I tried to us it last night and discovered I could not use it because Pair Networks disables the ability, can't include either.

from their newsletter:

"Lately, the most common method of exploit has been to pass a variable to a PHP script which does not sufficiently check the variable's value. The variable is then used in a "require" or "include" statement, and the variable contents cause malicious code to be fetched from a remote location instead of from a local file, as the author intended. This type of exploit is easily blocked by setting the allow_fopen_url configuration value to "Off." We have recently adopted this change globally; if you have a script that requires the ability to open remote URLs, you can re-enable this functionality. Before doing so, please make sure you are checking all user-supplied data carefully."