Re: sending SMS messages to mobile phones from PHP

Hi.

We operate an SMS Gateway service (http://www.kapow.co.uk/) which would do
exactly what you need.
It's been reliably sending SMS since 1995 - and MANY of our clients use PHP.

What you'd probably want to do is make an HTTP Get / Post request directly
from your script to our servers, alternatively you can use our Email-to-SMS
interface and then just generate an email.

Using either method with PHP should get you up and running in a few minutes.

Costs wise, it's cheaper than using a GSM mobile connected to your own
machine (and more reliable) as there are no set-up fees or monthly costs...
you just pay a few pence per message for the SMS that you send.

Take a look at the site @ http://www.kapow.co.uk/ for more info, or let me
know if you'd like me to set-up a free demo for you.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Andrew Cowles
KAPOW! SMS Communication Solutions
WEB: http://www.kapow.co.uk/
EMAIL: andrew.cowles@xxxxxxxxxxx
TEL: 0870 757 1610 or FAX: 0870 757 1615
Cygnet Internet Services Ltd ( http://www.cygnet.co.uk/ )