Re: move_uploaded_file() problem

In article <AEDABE69-194C-11D9-9A20-000D932C0C84@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Daniel Lahey wrote:
> I'm seeing a very strange problem with move_uploaded_file(...).  I'm
> uploading jpegs and the transfer appears to go a little too quickly,
> and when I look at the directory listing, the files are about twice the
> size that they should be.  When we view the file in the browser, the
> images are either mangled or appear incomplete.  Sometimes the bits
> seem to be scrambled and other times it appears that only the first 1/4
> or so of the image is complete.

Meaby the maximum execution time is exceeded, and the script dies?

>Another odd thing is that
> the permissions on the files are set to -rw------- and owned by apache.
>     I can do a chmod on them to get them readable, but chown doesn't
> appear to work to change ownership.

I believe you have to be root to perform chown.

If you really want another user to be the owner of the files, you could
extend your upload script so that it uploads all the files with ftp to
localhost. This way they will be owned by the ftp-user.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Tim Van Wassenhove <http://www.timvw.info>