Re: PHP or Apache problem?

* Thus wrote william van der wee:
> Hi all,
>
> I'am using SuSe 9.1 with Apache and PHP. In order to
> get access to MS SQL server I installed freeTDS ODBC
> driver. Everything ok, except I can't get it in a PHP
> webpage. I use in my PHP scripts odbc_connect.
> ISGL is working. When I look in apache error_log it
> say:
>
> /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork: error while loading shared
> libraries: /usr/lib/php/extensions/unixODBC.so:
> undefined symbol: SQLAllocEnv script not found or
> unable to stat
>
> I'am not sure this is a PHP or an Apache problem.

It appears to be something wrong with php. more details on how you
installed this will be needed.

It could also be related to your freeTDS. Make sure the
driver you specify to odbc_connect() is using the proper string for
freeTDS to pick up.

> Anybody have any experience with this.

Back in php3 days I had to ensure the proper environment was setup
with php's setemv(). Things might have changed since then.

Curt
--
The above comments may offend you. flame at will.