Re: general research question (maybe a little OT, sorry)

Greg Donald wrote:
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:16:51 -0400, John Nichel <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Insight now uses CF.  It was a political change, not one agreed on by
the techies.

I don't know much about CF at all.  Was it because of the shopping
cart capabilities of CF?  I read somewhere that was a top reason to
use it and am curious to hear it from an actual developer.

I've never used it myself, and left Insight before the transformation was complete. We had built our own shopping cart system at Insight in PHP, and all was great with that. There was a VP there, in charge of the web marketing department who was in love with CF because he could point and click stuff (Steff from UF ;) I still talk to a few people that still work there, and according to them, a 'power struggle' in the different web departments left this marketing VP in charge of the whole ball of wax...now three years of work is gone (it wasn't just the php to go, custom C and Java API's, MySQL and Oracle, etc.)

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek