Re: session_save_path

For all you're talking about, It looks like your hosting provider is
running PHPsuExec. So, PHP is now running as CGI and .htaccess does
not work anymore to setup PHP values or flags (Will fire a 500
internal server error). Instead, you have to use a custom php.ini fle.
(just write in this custom php.ini the values you need to change).

I don't know where you should place the custom php.ini file, but sure
your hosting provider will tell you where -or try with phpinfo()-.
Also, keep in mind that PHP does not run anymore as nobody nor apache.
Normally in shared hosting will use your own hosting account.

Hope this helps a bit,
Jordi.