Page cannot be displayed after form submission

Hi all.

I have a form that calls the same page whenever it is submitted. It does some error-checking to make sure that all the appropriate fields were filled in by the user. So, if there's an error, it stays on the same page and lets the user know what they need to fill in.

However, I get `Page cannot be displayed` error if the page calls itself and has to reload some data.... but only in IE for Windows. If I hit the `Refresh` button, the page shows up and all the appropriate fields are filled in or not filled in with the specified error message.

It does not give the `Page cannot be displayed` error in other browsers: Mozilla and Firefox for Windoze, Safari and IE for Mac. Despite the fact that IE for Windoze is immensely inferior, is there a reason/get-around for this happening?

I can actually fix it to where it doesn't do it, but it's a hack. I have the form actually call a different page - but then that page just has an automatic redirect back to the original page. And all the information shows up correctly without the `Page cannot be displayed.`

Thanks for staying in tuned this far. Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.
~Philip