Re: Saving non-english text into database problem !!

Dre wrote:
Hi

I have a strange problem that I can not figure out how to solve ..

I'm trying to save some data into a regular mySQL database table by using a
normal php
insertion script but I'm trying to save "Arabic Text" and here comes the
problem ..

When I'm performing the insertion by writing the actual text directly into
the insert SQL statement
the insertion performed well, and I can view the data again correctly.

But when I'm performing the insertion by passing variables to the insertion
SQL statement, the text
does not get saved correctly and when I try to view the saved data I see
garbage instead.

Is the variable comming from a html form? You might have different encoding in your text editor and in html page.