Re: [Newbie Guide] For the benefit of new members

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:55:20 +0530, Gnanavel <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 8. When you want to start a new topic, open a
> new mail composer and enter the mailing list
> address php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of
> replying to an existing thread and replacing
> the subject and body with your message.

I think it would be good to recommend the use of a "threaded" email
client when participating in the PHP mailing lists.  Most every mail
client I've ever used has this threaded message viewing capability,
people just don't seem to make use of it.  It's fairly annoying to see
someone come along days after a post is answered and provide the exact
same answer again.

Mailing list threads are best viewed as threads, not single messages.

If you need a threaded email client, I can invite you to a good one,
GMail.  Contact me off-list.

--
Greg Donald
Zend Certified Engineer