Generating MySQL Tables

Is MySQL off topic for this list?  If so, I apologise.

I am supplied with various text (CSV, etc) data files, which I need to
manually massage before I import into the main database.  I feel that I
can deal with them better by turning them into SQL tables first.  I know
about LOAD DATA INFILE, but this requires a table to exist, and I don't
know the format of the table until I receive the text file.

Is there any simple way of automatically creating a table and then
importing the data?

If not, I think that I will have to create a dummy table, with, say, 50
blob fields (some text fields are 'a paragraph full'), and work from
there.

Of course, it doesn't need to be fast to run.

--
Pete Clark