Re: How to install php5 on Fedora Core2

Surely apache is running.
And I checked httpd.conf. There is no "LoadModule php4.x.x
...". Anyother settings should be removed?

The first time I installed php5.0.0, I forgot to add
--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs. It works but the version is 4.3.8 as phpinfo() shows. When I added this option, the php
didn't work anymore. But the apache works fine. The browser
can read .html files.

Anyone can help me?

Teng Wang wrote:
> I have some difficulties when installing php5.0.2 on FC2
>
> I used the default settings:
> ./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs
> build
> build install
>
> The installation is complete but when I test phpinfo() in a .php file from browser, the browser says "Can't find the
> server"

Can't find the SERVER. Make sure apache is running.

> My FC2 is fully installed and I don't know why the php
> module doesn't work.
>
> I doubt if there is some manual settings are need during the configuration/make/make install, or there is some setting
> after the installation such as change the default httpd.conf or /etc/php.ini

If you had php4 installed, remove php4 stuff from httpd.conf