Re: This makes no sense

On 11/24/14, 11:45 AM, Jorge F. Hernandez wrote:
On 11/24/2014 2:28 PM, christopher jones wrote:

On 11/24/14, 11:01 AM, Jorge F. Hernandez wrote:
Hey guys,

I just compiled php 5.6.3 for my Linux distro, among with it I compiled 2 extensions (oci8 and pdo_oci) using Oracle Express 11g libraries (that's
what the server has), when I run php -m they both show, but when I go to phpinfo page they don't.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Check your Apache logs.  Quite possibly your Apache environment
doesn't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH or ORACLE_HOME set to the Oracle
directories.

See "Setting the Oracle Environment for PHP on Linux" p77 of
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/php/underground-php-oracle-manual-098250.html

Chris

That didn't work for me, I added the export lines to my /etc/sysconfig/apache2, restarted apache, but they still don't load in apache, I even added
them to my /etc/init.d/apache2 with the same result.

Keep debugging.  Is suEXEC stripping environment variables?  Were environment variables the problem in the first place?
Did your libphp under Apache get updated if you compiled the extensions statically?  Did you build the extensions shared but libphp
is not using the php.ini you expect it to use?

--
christopher.jones@xxxxxxxxxx  http://twitter.com/ghrd