install extension zend opcache 7.0.2

Hello,
I have ubuntu server 12.04 lts+apache 2.4  and I updated from php 5.4.9 to
php 5.4.16 adding
the zend opcache extension, compiling from source code,  because through
 apt-get install
 I have php-5.3 at most and I needed the 5.4.16.
So I downloaded and untared the source code for php 5.4.16.
Then I downloaded  igbinary, APCU and zend opcache 7.0.2 and I untared their
respective directory into the ext directory of php-5.4.16.
Then I gave the following commands being in the php-5.4.16 dir:
rm -rf configure
./buildconf --force
./configure
--enable-opcache
--enable-apcu
--enable-igbinary
  --disable-short-tags
--disable-cgi
--disable-ipv6
--disable-fileinfo
--disable-filter
--disable-json
--disable-pdo
--disable-tokenizer
--disable-mod-charset
--disable-calendar
--disable-bcmath
--disable-dba
--without-bz2
--without-enchant
--with-curl
--disable-exif
--enable-mbstring
--disable-shmop
--disable-sigchild
--enable-maintainer-zts
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/apache2/conf
--with-gd
--with-jpeg-dir=/usr
--with-mysqli
--without-openssl
--with-png-dir=/usr
--without-xmlrpc
  --with-pcre-regex
--without-sqlite3
--without-pdo-sqlite
--without-iconv
--without-pear
--without-gettext
--disable-soap
--disable-sockets
--disable-phar
--disable-posix
--without-zlib

make

make install.
APCU and igbinary are static extensions, so nothing to configure.
then I added the zend_extension string to the php configuration file for
opcache.so, it includes the absolute path of the file opcache.so (filename
included), created during the make instal procedure.
>From phpinfo, the extension directory is the same of that I indicated in the
zend_extension string for opcache.so. I checked that opcache.so is present
in the directory and that it has read and execute permission for the apache
user, together with its parent directories.

Then in the php config file  I added a section for opcache settings.
Everything is working ok with php+apache.
Now my issue:
The zend opcache extension doesn't load.
The error in the log is
Failed loading opcache.so:  opcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
I checked, the file is there, the path in the zend_extension string is also
correct.
Feel free to ask for any relevant information I eventually missed.
Your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks for your cooperation,
Best regards
Martino

 Sponsor:
 Una settimana a Giugno per 4 persone in vacanza a Rimini, pensione completa, bevande ai pasti, 1 bimbo gratis fino a 7 anni, camera quadrupla, 300 mt dal mare.Ingresso Beach Village di Riccione
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=12904&d=8-6