Re: Extensions location

On 9 March 2013 15:58, Jorge F. Hernandez <jfha73@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know about this entry in php.ini, but I want it to be the default place when compiling PHP, so I don't have to change it every time I compile a new version.

The build script specific settings are all based on the --prefix argument, so you can easily change where php will be installed including extensions, libs, executables even pear. What you are after though might be a little more tricky but I've had some success tweaking the scripts/config.in source file which in itself will look at certain environment variables lets have a look for you shall we? In your case the setting is:

extension_dir='@EXTENSION_DIR@'

Which you can edit directly before running configure or setting the environment variable

export EXTENSION_DIR=/tmp/my/extensions

You can also place it before the configure commend like this

EXTENSION_DIR=/tmp/my/extensions ./configure

What have we? It would appear luck is your good fortune, the setting did change and the file scripts/php-config correctly reports.

--extension-dir     [/tmp/my/extensions]

nJoy!