Re: help for cli installation after running web server

just do apt-get install php-cli , that will do it.

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Martinello <martinello@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Robert for your help,
I confirm, for future readers, that it's been solved without breaking the
configuration.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Roberts" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Martinello" <martinello@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: <php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2012 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: help for cli installation after running web
server

On Sat, 8 Dec 2012, Martinello wrote:

> To: php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: Martinello <martinello@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: help for cli installation after running web server
>
> Hello,
> I have ubuntu server 12.04 lts+apache 2.4  and I installed php 5.4.9 with
> the APC extension, compiling from source code,  because through apt-get
> install I have php-5.3.10 only, but I needed the 5.4.9.
> So I downloaded the source code for php 5.4.9 and APC and I installed php
> this way:
> ./configure
> --enable-apc
>  --disable-short-tags
> --disable-cgi
> --disable-cli
> --disable-ipv6
> --disable-fileinfo
> --disable-filter
> --disable-json
> --disable-pdo
> --disable-tokenizer
> --disable-mod-charset
>  --enable-apc-memprotect
> --disable-calendar
> --disable-bcmath
> --disable-dba
> --without-bz2
> --without-enchant
> --without-curl
> --disable-exif
> --enable-mbstring
> --disable-shmop
> --disable-sigchild
> --enable-maintainer-zts
> --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
> --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/apache2/conf
> --with-gd
> --with-jpeg-dir=/usr
> --with-mysqli
> --without-openssl
> --with-png-dir=/usr
> --without-xmlrpc
>  --with-pcre-regex
> --without-sqlite3
> --without-pdo-sqlite
> --without-iconv
> --without-pear
> --without-gettext
> --disable-soap
> --disable-sockets
> --disable-phar
> --disable-posix
> --without-zlib
>

> make
>
> make install.
>
> Everything is working ok with php+apache+APC.
> Now my issue:
> I need to execute cron jobs with php but I didn't install the cli
> (disablecli in the configure ).
> How should I proceed to just add the cli to my installation without
> breaking
> anything in my installation/configuration?
> I still have the source code folder.

Hello Martino

Open a command terminal and see if you can run php from
there.

# php -t

or

# php -i

If you get 'command not found' then it looks like you will
have to compile PHP from source again, without using the
--disable-cli option, so you get the command-line version of
PHP compiled and installed as well.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

> Generally I try things before asking, this time I'm afraid of breaking my
> production server, that's why I don't try anything without being sure of
> the
> correctness.
> Your help is highly appreciated.
> Thanks for your cooperation,
> Best regards
> Martino
>

> --
> Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
> autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f
>
> Sponsor:
> Su MisterCupido.com puoi creare REGALI PERSONALIZZATI. Stampa le tue Foto
> su: Cuscini, Tazze, Puzzle, Peluche, Magliette, Poster... Consegne in
> tutta Italia in soli 2-3 giorni
> Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=12385&d=8-12

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

TMDA [http://tmda.net]

 Sponsor:
 Ami l'arte e vuoi arredare casa con stile? Su MisterCupido.com puoi acquistare le RIPRODUZIONI DEI QUADRI di: Van Gogh, Monet, Klimt, Modigliani, Cezanne, Hayez, Michelangelo, Raffaello, ecc
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=12386&d=9-12

--
Tariq Wali.