Problem with LDAP module. Any help?

Hello -

    I am trying to compile PHP 5.3.13 on Solaris 10 with ldap support.

        I have installed openldap libraries.
I have included a --with-ldap flag in the configuration command that points to the installed library
        Compilation, testing and installation proceed as normal
The php.ini includes ldap as a module and references the .so correctly in the extensions directory

But

the ldap module does not show up in phpinfo() output and ldap doesn't work.

I can provide configuration, compilation and testing output, but I can't see anything there that indicates why the ldap module is not making it in to the final php.

    Could anyone make any suggestion about how to debug this?

Thanks;

--
Garey Mills
Library Systems Office