php

hi
i had wamp5 and php 5.2.1
i had to install phpunit to work with the yii framework
so i had to install pear , i just followed a book on yii framework
finely i got phpunit working it gave me errors because i have old version of php
so i installed the new version of wamp which is 2.1a i think hoping it will give me the new php version
and now im stuck again with phpunit
some how  i got the new php 5.3.8. in a new folder but its not recognized in the system

please get me going with this thanks