Re: Compiling PHP 5.3.3 on Solaris 9

On 9/2/2010 2:40 PM, Sriram Natarajan wrote:
This issue is a side effect of importing latest version of PCRE within
PHP and as you have rightly concluded seems to happen on Solaris
versions < 10. Please refer to php bug -
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=52436

You can either apply the patch specified in this bug report by doing
some thing like

cd php-5.3.3
patch -p0 -d . < patch

or try the latest PHP Source snapshot from http://snaps.php.net

After a little more investigation, I ended up editing ext/pcre/pcrelib/config.h and commented out the lines that define HAVE_STDINT_H (since my OS doesn't have stdint.h), and the make has proceeded beyond the previous point of failure, and has just completed, as I type this.

Thanks,
Kurt