Problem with multiple libxml

Hello,
I'm trying to compile PHP 5.3.3 on a linux system.
I need to compile with libxml and libxslt support.
The libraries I want to use are located under /usr/local/libxml2
To achieve my goal I run configure with :
./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/apache3
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache3/bin/apxs
--with-curl
--with-mysql=/usr
--with-pdo-mysql=/usr
--with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/libxml2
--with-xsl=/usr/local/libxml2
--enable-mbstring
--with-mcrypt After that, I make, and make install, and apache runs fine with php.
MY PROBLEM :
------------
I already have older versions of libxml and libxslt located under /usr/local
When looking at the results of phpinfo(), I can see that those libraries
have been linked to, instead of the newer ones located in
/usr/local/libxml2.
The problem seems to arise somewhere within libtool which is called by the
Makefile, and generates a linker invocation which explicitly references the
old libraries with erroneous full path names
(libexslt.so, libxslt.so and libxml2.so) :
gcc -shared  ext/date/.libs/php_date.o
... lots of .o files ...
-Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
-Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib/mysql -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/libxml2/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/mysql -L/usr/local/libxml2/lib
-lcrypt /usr/local/lib/libexslt.so
... lots of other sometimes redundant libraries ...
/usr/local/lib/libxslt.so
/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so
... -Wl,-soname -Wl,libphp5.so -o .libs/libphp5.so Is there any wizard out there to give me a hint how I could fix that ?
Best Regards,
Dan