Re: [PHP] pear for fedora 11

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 22:39 +0800, Edward. S. P. Leong wrote:
Ashley Sheridan wrote:

>On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 01:07 +0800, Edward. S. P. Leong wrote:
>

>>Dear All,
>>
>>Which can we download pear ann install into fc 11 system ?
>>
>>Thank for your help !
>>
>>Edward.
>>

>I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean what Pear
>components can be installed on a Fedora 11 system? I'm running Fedora 11
>on my desktop and laptop at the moment, and both systems are running
>5.2.12, so any of the Pear modules that say they will run on that are
>fine. If you need to check to see what version of PHP is running, in a
>console or text login, type 'yum list php' and you'll get a line that
>reads something like:
>
>php.i586    5.2.12-1.fc11    @updates
>
>Thanks,
>Ash
>http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Dear Ash,

1, My means is where can we download the pear and install it into the
fedora 11 system ?
Due to our web server :
[pear]# pwd
/usr/share/pear
[pear]# dir
Archive data OS pearcmd.php peclcmd.php System.php XML
Console doc PEAR PEAR.php Structures test
[pear]#
So, it is not update ( pear ) ?

2, Would you mind to send me your php config ( php.ini ) and Web Server
config ( httpd.conf ) as sample ?
Due to our Web Server is problem :
After upload all of homepage data ( php format ) to Web Server, then
type "http://ip or domain_name" the result is blank page...

Thank for your help !

Edward.

If you're getting a blank page, the first port of call is your error log. At a console type:

sudo tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log

which should then continually update itself with a list of errors as and when they occur, which will be useful to you if you need to view the log while you're debugging. This file is only readable by the root user.

My config files won't be that much help I don't think, as the setup of both our servers will be quite different.

How did you try to install Pear on your Fedora 11 system? The package manager that comes with Fedora (I use KPackageKit on KDE) allows you install and remove Pear modules as you need.