Re: [PHP] 64 Bit IIS 6 ( 32 Bit mode ) + 32Bit php connect with MS-SQL Server

2010/1/20 Edward S.P. Leong <edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Richard Quadling wrote:
>
> 2010/1/20 Edward S.P. Leong <edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> Richard Quadling wrote:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C6C3E9EF-BA29-4A43-8D69-A2BED18FE73C&displaylang=en
>

> Sorry,
>
> Would you mind to tell me which for connecting MS-SQL 2000 and PHP ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Edward.
>

> Either ODBC or the MS SQL driver for PHP. Which ever suits you.
>
> Both require the MS SQL Native Client (go for the latest).
>
> That's it really.
>
> Sorry,
>
> My means is which package support for connecting MS-SQL 2000 from php ?
> Due to I don't know which package ( file name ) I download it on the
> download site is suitable for me to use...
>
> Thanks !
>
> Edward.
>

> As you are running IIS + PHP in 32bit mode, I'd stick with the x86 packages.
>

> Hello,
>
> Do you means the x86 is suitable for me now ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Edward.

If you were running 64 bit everything, then obviously, you would use
the 64 bit packages.

But you are running IIS and PHP in 32bit mode, so, for ease of
compatibility, the 32bit packages (x86 rather than x64) are what I
would be using.

In terms of which one you want to use, well, you have to get the Native Client.

>From there you can either use odbc (built into PHP for Windows) or use
the MS SQL Driver for PHP.

Both of them use the Native Client.

As the MS SQL driver is fairly new, you may want to stick with the
ODBC route within PHP.

--
-----
Richard Quadling