Re: [PHP] 64 Bit IIS 6 ( 32 Bit mode ) + 32Bit php connect with MS-SQL Server

2010/1/20 Richard Quadling <rquadling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> 2010/1/20 Edward S.P. Leong <edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Richard Quadling wrote:
>>
>> 2010/1/19 Edward S.P. Leong <edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>>

>> Richard Quadling wrote:
>>

>> But having said all of that, the php_mssql.dll uses a very old library
>> which may give you issues.
>>
>> For the time being, using ODBC (php_odbc is built in for PHP on
>> Windows) is a much safer solution. You can also use the latest SQL
>> Native Client driver so you can talk to SQL7, 2000, 2005, 2008.
>>
>> If you are used to using a DNS-less connection, then ...
>>
>> $Conn = odbc_pconnect("Driver={SQL Server Native Client
>> 10.0};Server={$Server};Database={$Database};MARS_Connection=Yes;",
>> $User, $Password, SQL_CUR_USE_DRIVER);
>>
>> will give you the connection without the need to have a DNS entry.
>>

>> Hello to you,
>>
>> Where can we download the SQL Native Client driver for talking to MS-SQL
>> ( eg : 2000 ) ?
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
>> --
>>

>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C6C3E9EF-BA29-4A43-8D69-A2BED18FE73C&displaylang=en
>>

>> Sorry,
>>
>> Would you mind to tell me which for connecting MS-SQL 2000 and PHP ?
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
>> Edward.
>>

> Either ODBC or the MS SQL driver for PHP. Which ever suits you.
>
> Both require the MS SQL Native Client (go for the latest).
>
> That's it really.
>
> --
> -----
> Richard Quadling
> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"
> EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
> Zend Certified Engineer : http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
> ZOPA : http://uk.zopa.com/member/RQuadling

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client (SQL Native Client) is a
single dynamic-link library (DLL) containing both the SQL OLE DB
provider and SQL ODBC driver. It contains run-time support for
applications using native-code APIs (ODBC, OLE DB and ADO) to connect
to Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, or 2008. SQL Native Client should
be used to create new applications or enhance existing applications
that need to take advantage of new SQL Server 2008 features. This
redistributable installer for SQL Native Client installs the client
components needed during run time to take advantage of new SQL Server
2008 features, and optionally installs the header files needed to
develop an application that uses the SQL Native Client API.

Audience(s): Customer, Partner, Developer

X86 Package (sqlncli.msi) - 4549 KB -
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=123717&clcid=0x409
X64 Package (sqlncli.msi) - 7963 KB -
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=123718&clcid=0x409
IA64 Package (sqlncli.msi) - 11112 KB -
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=123719&clcid=0x409

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Driver for PHP
The SQL Server 2005 Driver for PHP is a PHP 5 extension that allows
for accessing data in all Editions of SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server
2008 (including Express Editions) from within PHP scripts. The driver
provides a procedural interface for accessing data and makes use of
PHP features, including PHP streams to read and write large objects.
With this release, the source code for the driver is available here:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=123842&clcid=0x409 . The SQL
Server 2005 Driver for PHP relies on the Microsoft SQL Server Native
Client to communicate with SQL Server. For more information about SQL
Server Native Client, visit the SQL Server Native Client page on MSDN.

Audience(s): Developer, DBA

Download site - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=123470

--
-----