Re: Installation issue with PHP 5.3.1

Matt Campo wrote:
I am about to throw something very expensive through a large window right now.

Here's the issue:

PHP version: 5.3.1
Server: IIS 6
OS: Windows XP SP2

I had PHP running fine on my development machine for months, but then I had to write a script that allows users to upload files to my site. Due to the ridiculous security settings for IIS, I got frustrated and decided to switch to Apache 2.2.14.

COULD NOT get PHP 5.3.1 to work with Apache (the normal php.ini lines worked fine, except for PHPIniDir - this caused Apache to crash on startup. If it was left uncommented, it worked fine), so I'm trying to switch back to IIS.

I've completely uninstalled PHP from my machine & removed any old files. When re-installing using the msi, I get the following error message: "Error trying to find the nodes containing scriptmaps :GetDataPaths Failed. You will need to manually configure the web server."

I then manually configure the server to use FastCGI, according to the instructions on the PHP website.

After restarting IIS, I navigate to the test page for my site. Instead of displaying the page, my browser downloads the page as a file.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on here?

Did you CHANGE the version of PHP5.3.1 when you switched to Apache? You need the VC6 build rather than the VC9 one. Another pigging cock up due to M$ incompetence ;)

I have to admit to still using 5.2.11 on production windows machines since it has ALL the packages I need, while 5.3 windows still needs a lot of packages 'converting' to the new VCx rules :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL