Re: Configuring PHP sendmail

If running thru webserver you may want to restart the webserver.

I would check which php.ini is being used -- phpinfo()

2009/11/9 Tamer Uçar <tameru@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi all,

I have my own Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6 (no mail server installed
on it). In order to practice my skills on PHP, I installed PHP 5.2.11
on my server, everything is fine except sendmail operation. I tried to
configure PHP.ini for sending mails through smtp.gmail.com. The
changes I made in PHP.ini is:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = ssl://smtp.gmail.com
smtp_port = 465

When I try to run a simple mailer script, it genereates the following error:
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at
"localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in
php.ini or use ini_set() in D:\Web Sites\mytestsite\mail.php on line 6

The weird thing is, although I changed it, the script still tries to
connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25.

Does somebody have any idea about this?

--
Tamer Uçar
tameru@xxxxxxxxx

--
Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation