Getting 5.3 up and running on Apache 2.2

I'm having some trouble getting PHP 5.3 up and running on Apache 2.2 (Vista 64 Bit). I believe that I need to run the vc6 thread safe version (as its the only zip file with the php5apache2_2.dll needed by apache).

After getting that up and running as well as the modules I need (php -v from the command line comes back clean). The trouble I run into is that my web application (which worked fine on 5.2.9) crashes apache upon the final line (exit()).

I'm fairly certain I'm running into a bug somewhere with PHP but I would like to diagnose it so that I can post a detailed bug report.

This bug report http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=48754 was similar but was not the cause in my case. Can anyone tell me how I can generate the diagnostic information that the poster listed in his initial post?

Thanks