Re: Installing PHP on Apache 1.3.22 under cygwin

Hi Paul.

It's all been done for you at:

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

TMDA [http://tmda.net]

To: php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Paul McFerrin <pmcferrin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Installing PHP on Apache 1.3.22 under cygwin

I NEED HELP !!!!

I've been trying to install PHP to my Apache 1.3.22 server during the past year without success. Does anyone have a working PHP 4 or 5 for my Apache which has been running flawlessly for 6+ years. What I need is a binary distribution of PHP 4/5 to work with my binary (w. DSO support) Apache for Cygwin (1.5 or 1.7). I know that binary distribution for Cygwin of Apache is nolonger being distributed.

I tried building multiple versions of PHP5 from several sources but always failing with unresolved symbols in libphp but the loader does not say which symbols. Not very usefull.

This is my last-ditch effort to get ANY PHP running. I do NOT have MSQL installed; nor do I need one. Can anyone offer any help before I totally give it up? I just need PHP to run my Sitemap generator which I have purchased.