PHP and phpMyAdmin on Mac G5 with OS 10.5.6

The phpMyAdmin 3.1.5 documentation says that, if at all possible, I should
1. Download the latest versions of PHP and MySQL so that they will work with phpMyAdmin 3.1.5
2. Make sure I have the requirements listed below (see Requirements below)

I am a newbie with all this, and I am hoping someone can tell me:
   1.  Does PHP 5.2.9 (the latest stable version) include the requirements for phpMyAdmin 3.1.5 listed below?
   2.  If not, how do I enable, or obtain, these requirements?

 Requirements:

According to the phpMyAdmin 3.1.5 Documentation (http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/STABLE/Documentation.html#require) the following are required:

-- PHP 5.2.0 or newer, with session support and the Standard PHP Library (SPL) extension

-- PHP zip extension (to support uploading of ZIP files).

-- mbstring and ctype extensions (for proper support of multibyte strings , eg. UTF-8, which is currently default).

-- GD2 support in PHP to display inline thumbnails of JPEGs ("image/jpeg: inline") with their original aspect ratio

-- When using the "cookie" authentication method, the mcrypt extension is strongly suggested for most users and is required for 64–bit machines. Not using mcrypt will cause phpMyAdmin to load pages significantly slower.

     FYI – The apple.com site listed these technical specifications for my machine:
     -- PowerPC processor architecture with 64-bit data paths and registers
     -- Native support for 32-bit application code
     Do these statements mean my machine is a 64-bit machine, and consequently requires the mcrypt extension?

-- When compiling php, we strongly recommend that you manually link the MySQL extension of your choice to a MySQL client library of at least the same minor version since the one that is bundled with some PHP distributions is rather old and might cause problems.

How do I perform this manual link?

About My System:

I have a PowerMac G5 (PPC), OS 10.5.6 which has the following versions of PHP and Apache:
-- PHP 5.2.6 (Zend Engine 2.2.0)
-- Apache 2.2.9

PHP and Apache have NOT been enabled on my machine.

My Plan:

I'm planning to download the following:
-- 32-bit version of MySQL 5.1 for the PowerPC G5, OS 10.5
-- PHP 5.2.9
-- phpMyAdmin 3.1.5

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Chris