error in using php

Hi support
Currently i'm trying to run one of my application using PHP but i cant get connected to my ms sql server. On my old machine, there's no problem for me to connect from my application to old or new DB.
Below are details that maybe u can advice me:

PHP version - 4.2.2
OS - Win 2003 SP2
Using IIS 6.0

This are the steps that i take :

1. extract the PHP 4.2.2 to c:/php
2.Copy old php.ini from old server to new server and place this file into c:/window 3.Then i follow exactly the old IIS setting from old server to new server BUT still cant get connected with database
Can u assist me on this problem??

--
Adzuan Amirullail Ahmad
Encoral Digital Solution SB