Re: 3 day nightmare

    Wow, Peej.... frustration sure makes for jumbled emails, eh?
Let's try to take this one step at a time, and we'll get you going....

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:49, PJ <af.gourmet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> info.php does not show mysql but it does show the pgsql and gd2 extensions.

    Are you sure it's using the same php.ini file you're editing?
Check in your phpinfo() (probably your info.php file) and make sure
you're editing the same file that's showing there.  Also, *every time*
you make changes to php.ini, you have to restart Apache (or whatever
HTTP server you're using) so that PHP is reloaded with the changes.

> After installing phpMyAdmin there is no phpadmin database in MySql and I
> cannot connect to phpadmin - error - Cannot access mysql module, check
> php configuration.

    There will be no phpMyAdmin database.  The phpMyAdmin script is a
frontend to manage your MySQL databases, but doesn't create its own
database.  However, installation of that software is beyond the scope
of this list, and doesn't seem to be your primary problem anyway.

> I tried to clean out theFBSD server files of almost all files and
> directories related to MySql, php5, phpmyadmin and then reinstalled
> MySql50, php5, phpmyadmin as well as php5-mysql, php5-gd and php5-pgsql.
> Both php5-mysql and php5-pgsql installed the required modules in the
> extensions.ini directory - but the mysql module is not recognized by
> info.php.

    Once again, verify that you're changing the same php.ini file in
the same location as what phpinfo() reports, and restart Apache when
you make changes.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx