Re: Questions regarding limits of processes launched by system, exec, passthru ...

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Valentin Schmid - ICSurselva AG wrote:

To: php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Valentin Schmid - ICSurselva AG <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Questions regarding limits of processes launchedby
    system, exec, passthru ...

Hi Keith again

What OS are you running? If it's Unix/Linux then you might be able to
control these settings with ulimit.
Please see the manual page for ulimit for details.
I see ...
Memory Limit of 8MB:
ulimit -v 8192
Time Limit of 30 seconds:
ulimit -t 30

But where can I execute this ulimit-commands per Virtualhost,
somewhere in the apache config or in the php config?

Kind Regards valli

Hi Valli. I'm using Fedora 8 Linux. I was going to suggest that you try and set the resource limits for the user the Apache PHP module runs as. This is probably the same user:group as the Apache web server.

So you will need to set this in the OS shell, probably as root user.

Then when the apache PHP module makes an OS system call, hopefully the limits you have set for the Apache user:group will apply.

HTH

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

The mind of the prudent is ever getting knowledge, and the
eear of the wise is ever seeking, inquiring for and craving
knowledge. Pr. 18:15 Amp

TMDA [http://tmda.net]