Re:macros/defines questions - am attempting to create (install) parallel versions

> Greetings,
>  I've been looking at the source of php-5.2.6 with the goal of creating a port for the FreeBSD ports
> system that will enable the user/sysadmin to install php5 along side an already installed php 4
> version. My intended course is to install the php5 cgi sapi and use a php5 directory in place of the
> default php directory eg;
>
> $PREFIX == /usr/local
> $PREFIX/bin
> $PREFIX/etc/php
> $PREFIX/include/php
> $PREFIX/lib/php
>
> becomes:
> $PREFIX == /usr/local
> $PREFIX/bin
> $PREFIX/etc/php5
> $PREFIX/include/php5
> $PREFIX/lib/php5

OK. I just discovered a pleasant surprise - in all the times I've typed ./configure --help, I was always
given the generic GNU configure dialog about how the application may have different options, yadda, yadda.
What a pleasant surprise, the PHP version provides some real relevant help! :)
But inspite of it, I'm still left with a few questions.

I'm afraid I'm still unclear what the option/switch: --program-prefix=PREFIX
(prepend PREFIX to installed program names) means. Will/can it help me with the above? Or will it allow
me to install $PREFIX/bin/php-cgi,php-config,and phpize as $PREFIX/bin/php5-cgi,php5-config, and php5ize?

> My main points of interest is if/where there are any already pre-defined macros that will assist
> me in changing the already defined php directory with a directory named php5
>
> $PREFIX/etc/php && $PREFIX/include/php && $PREFIX/lib/php
> $PREFIX/etc/php5 && $PREFIX/include/php5 && $PREFIX/lib/php5

I see there is --includedir=, which will allow me to define $PREFIX/include/php as $PREFIX/include/php5. Yes?
Is there an equivalent macro for this? If so, what is it's name?

I see there is --libdir=, which will allow me to define $PREFIX/lib/php as $PREFIX/lib/php5 (if I understand it correctly).
But is there a macro I can use in place of it? If so, what is it's name?

> I also hope to be able to re-name the following:
> $PREFIX/bin/php-cgi --> $PREFIX/bin/php5-cgi
> $PREFIX/bin/php-config --> $PREFIX/bin/php5-config
> $PREFIX/bin/phpize --> $PREFIX/bin/php5ize
> and
> $PREFIX/bin/etc/php.conf --> $PREFIX/bin/php5.conf

OK. Looks like --sysconfdir= will provide the define I need to choose the $PREFIX/etc/php5 directory
for the module/extension config related stuff. But is there already a macro I can use for this? If
so, what is it's name?

Anyway, I /think/ I'm getting closer. But could /greatly/ use some help. :)
Thank you for all your time and consideration.

Best wishes.

--Chris

.