SIMPLEST possible php install on Mac OS 10.5

Hi all,

100% newbie here. I did some old html/webcatalog programming up till 2000 (for those few who know what that was). I never touched a server as such. Now I'm back into coding and I am trying to get my local setup complete so I can develop here before I bother anyone else's machine. A friend set up apache, webmin, and mySQL here for me (on my Mac OS 10.5.4). I watched him but couldn't repeat for the life of me (all unix/open source is ALL new to me). I did search docs the best I could to learn how to install, but I only got this far:

-------from the docs--------
"User Contributed Notes
Using the bundled PHP
Anonymous
15-Dec-2007 11:19
As of Leopard the instructions here are out of date. To enable the bundled PHP in Leopard you need to edit /etc/apache2/httpd.conf. There is a line commented out that loads php5_module. Uncomment it and restart the web server. That should be all you need to do to get PHP support to work.
-------/ from the docs--------

If the anonymous poster meant to look in a dir called "etc/" on the root of the drive, then I don't see that here. I searched and found this file tho:
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/usr/include/apache2/http_config.h

I open it, but find no match for the string "php".

Hope this isn't too beginner even for the install list!

thanks,
-Govinda