Building php on OS X Leopard PPC

Hello, I am trying to get php built on OS X Leopard, PPC Dual CPU 2.5
I have tried mac ports, am not happy with MAMP, the default Apple supplied php5 does no more than prove to me it is possible, but lacks basic features.

I figure, build it myself, for which, I am not much of an expert on.

I download source php5 and see the INSTALL notes for OS X only point to entropy.ch to download a binary. That would be fine, but there is no longer support for this from entropy.ch.

I run ./confgure which as far as I know, should be a very basic install.
then run make, and I get errors:

/Users/me/Desktop/source/php-5.2.6/ext/date/lib/parse_date.c: In function 'timelib_strtotime': /Users/me/Desktop/source/php-5.2.6/ext/date/lib/parse_date.c:22383: internal compiler error: Bus error
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.
make: *** [ext/date/lib/parse_date.lo] Error 1

Before I even go down the road of building out all the other libraries and such, I suppose I need to resolve this first. Can anyone point me to resources that will help with this.

Thanks
--
Scott