Re: uninstall php-5.2.6

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Simon Jones <simonmjones@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wish to remove php-5.2.6 completely from my machine after
> configuring it from source.  how can this be done?
>
> when i try make uninstall i get:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'.  Stop.
>
> thanks, i need to uninstall so i can go back to an older version.

    Just reconfigure, rebuild, and reinstall PHP4 over PHP5, if your
PHP4 binary doesn't already exist on the server.  If it does, just
update your httpd.conf (or other web server configuration file) to
reflect the change.  If you need to downgrade the CLI version, be sure
to do that as a fresh build as well.  Don't worry about uninstalling
unless you're worried about disk space (which should not be an issue
even on an old P2 server).

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Better prices on dedicated servers: