PHP install problems

Good Afternoon
              I am having a problem getting PHP running on a solaris 10
system. I need PHP running in order to get drupal working on this
system. Currently i have the latest version of Apache, mysql and drupal
configured and installed. I downloaded and unpacked the php 5.2.6 file.
Ran configure

./configure --with-apxs2=/opt/src/apache2/bin/apxs
--prefix=/opt/src/php5
--with-mysql=/opt/src/mysql5
--with-libxml-dir=/opt/src/libxml2
--with-gd
--with-bz2=/usr/lib
--with-zlib
--with-ttf
--enable-gd-native-ttf
--with-config-file-path=/opt/src/php5

The i then ran 'make', 'make test' and 'make install' everything seem to
install fine. And now the problem. I tried running the test page:
phpinfo.php in my web browser it has the code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

unfortunately when i go to http://www.mywebserver.com/phpinfo.php it
just displays the above code as text it does not display the php info
like its suppose to. In fact no php pages are displayed they all just
display the source code as text. At first i though PHP wasn't
working/installed properly however i ran this command from the commabd
line

php /drupal/drupal/phpinfo.php

and it displayed all the correct php info:

-bash-3.00# php /drupal/drupal/phpinfo.php
phpinfo()
PHP Version => 5.2.6

System => SunOS ict-persist-zone 5.10 Generic_125101-07 i86pc
Build Date => Jun  9 2008 13:53:42
Configure Command =>  './configure'
'--with-apxs2=/opt/src/apache2/bin/apxs' '--prefix=/opt/src/php5'
'--with-mysql=/opt/src/mysql5' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/src/libxml2'
'--with-gd' '--with-bz2=/usr/lib' '--with-zlib' '--with-ttf'
'--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-config-file-path=/opt/src/php5'
Server API => Command Line Interface
Virtual Directory Support => disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /opt/src/php5
Loaded Configuration File => /opt/src/php5/php.ini
PHP API => 20041225
PHP Extension => 20060613
Zend Extension => 220060519
Debug Build => no
Thread Safety => disabled
Zend Memory Manager => enabled
IPv6 Support => enabled
Registered PHP Streams => php, file, data, http, ftp, compress.bzip2,
compress.zlib
Registered Stream Socket Transports => tcp, udp, unix, udg
Registered Stream Filters => string.rot13, string.toupper,
string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, convert.iconv.*,
bzip2.*, zlib.*

etc etc

So then i figured it might be an apache problem however i ran the
command

httpd -t -D DUMP_MODULES

and got the following output

-bash-3.00# httpd -t -D DUMP_MODULES
Loaded Modules:
 core_module (static)
 mpm_prefork_module (static)
 http_module (static)
 so_module (static)
 authn_file_module (shared)
 authz_host_module (shared)
 auth_basic_module (shared)
 include_module (shared)
 log_config_module (shared)
 dav_module (shared)
 autoindex_module (shared)
 dav_fs_module (shared)
 vhost_alias_module (shared)
 dir_module (shared)
 rewrite_module (shared)
 dav_svn_module (shared)
 authz_svn_module (shared)
 php5_module (shared)
 python_module (shared)
Syntax OK
-bash-3.00#

as you can see (2nd from bottom) the php module is installed and
recognised and the libphp5.so modules in the the apache/modules
directory. So now im pretty much stuck. I've tried PHP5 from source and
from pkg-get and when they both finish installing the same problem keeps
happening php files are displayed as source code and not working. I have
no idea if its a PHP problem or an apache problem.

If anyone can shed some light on what the problem could be id be really
grateful.

Kind Regards
Anthony McGovern