Re: Building PHP 5.25 from source on windows with openssl

Jonathan Frankel wrote:
Why do you need to compile on windows

Quoting from the page you sent me: "To use PHP's OpenSSL support you
must also compile PHP --with-openssl[=DIR]."

Are you saying that this doesn't apply to PHP on Windows? I've already
set PHP up for use with IIS, and when I tried enabling php_openssl.dll
in php.ini I received this error when using adLDAP:

I've not had to yet ;)
I doubt that I even have the tools available TO compile in windows which is why the binaries are always made available.

"Warning: ldap_bind() [function.ldap-bind]: Unable to bind to server:
Can't contact LDAP server in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\adLDAP\adLDAP.php on
line 114
FATAL: AD bind failed. Either the LDAPS connection failed or the login
credentials are incorrect."

Now, I'm willing to believe the possibility that adLDAP isn't working
the way it should, but I'm leaning away from that since it performs
perfectly when not using openssl. So I'm assuming it's the case that I
have to follow the directions and compile PHP with openssl...unless
the directions are sloppy and misleading and only refer to using
openssl on *nix.

openssl probably needs further setting up. php_openssl is only a link to the openssl software so have you installed that? http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html is where I ended up, but I have to admit to using Linux now for ssl simplicity. Just load the relevant packages and it works ;)