Re: Can't install PHP > 5.2.0

My approach to work out what's killing Apache on this would be to strace
httpd and see at what point it throws it's toys out of the pram.

You should be able to use something like

strace -f /your/apache/path/bin/apachectl start

and the last few lines (or quite a few lines!) should give you the system
call that killed the process.  You may need to capture the output with
something like

strace -f /your/apache/path/bin/apachectl start >/tmp/strace.txt 2>&1

If you're new to strace and the output means nothing to you feel free to
throw me a copy.

cheers

Jamie

--
This message was transmitted on 100% recycled electrons