Re: I cant get php_gd.dll to work

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Mark <mark76g@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Im new to php and i cant get the gd graphics library to work.
>  Im running Apache, Mysql, Windows xp
>
>  I downloaded and installed php from php.net.
>
>  After much screwing around I finally got in to work with mysql and wrote a
>  few basic scripts.
>  Im stuck on the gd libarary.
>
>  I downloaded the file php_dg.dll and copied it to my ext directory. I know
>  php can see it because
>  the mysql files are there and they work fine.

[snip!]
>  I try to run the following code fragment to test it out ....
>

>  <?PHP
>  $image=$imagecreate(100,100);
>  ?>

    That's not an install problem, it's a general PHP question, so for
the archives, it's being copied over to there as well.  If you haven't
yet, please consider joining PHP-General
(http://php.net/mailinglists).

    You're calling the imagecreate() function as a $variable.  Simple
enough to fix:

    <?php
        $image = imagecreate(100,100);
    ?>