Re: php4 to php5

Hi Bass. What problems did you have with php 5.2.5?

I had problems like this when trying to install PunBB forum software.

An error occurred while loading http://localhost/punbb-forum/index.php:
 Connection to host localhost is broken.

Did you have the same error as well?

Regards

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

TMDA [http://tmda.net]

To: Richard Pyne <rpyne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Bass Bizri <b.bizri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  php4 to php5

Hi Richard,

Not sure what OSs you're using but.....

I tried to install the latest version of PHP 5.2.5 on Windows Server 2003.
I needed it to connect to a Dabase Server running Windows 2000.
I spent two and a half weeks of trying to make it work to no avail.

Only yesterday, I rolled back to an earlier version PHP 5.2.4.
VWOULAAAAA!!!!
Everything now working.

Regards,
Bass Bizri

            "Richard Pyne"
            <rpyne@xxxxxxxxxx
            g>                                                         To
                                      php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            23/01/2008 05:54                                           cc
            PM
                                                                  Subject
                                       php4 to php5

I am being pushed to update our prodction server from php 4.4.2 to php
5.2.5 because of an alert from ScanAlert claiming that there are
vulnerabilities in any php version prior to 5.2.5.

My concern is that we have several quite old php apps running on the
machine and I hav neither the time nor the inclination to learn them well
enough to debug and update them if they break.

My question is what kind of problems am I likely to experience with the
update?

Thanks,

--Richard