Interesting POST error

One of our developers has brought an interesting problem to my attention.  I'll start off by describing our environment.  We are running a Solaris 10 server with Apache 2.2.6.  PHP version 5.2.5 is loaded as a module and appears to be working fine.  However, our developer ran into a problem using dokuwiki.  When he submits a form with a <html> tag in it, he receives a 400 error.  He threw together this little script to verify the problem:

<?php
echo sprintf("%s", $_POST['wikitext']);
?>
<form method="post" action="">
accept-charset="utf-8">
<textarea name="wikitext" style="height: 300px;" cols="80" rows="10"></textarea>

<input type="submit"/>
</form>

This can be viewed here:  http://eagles.its.csulb.edu/php/PostTest.php

As you can see, the script does nothing more than take what is submitted and display it on the screen.  However, if you type in <html> then click on the Submit Query button, you will get a 400 error.

Does anyone know why this is occurring?  Am I looking at some php.ini parameter change to fix this?

Jesse

Jesse Santana
Project Lead - Enterprise Services Group
Information Technology Services
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA  90840