Re: Trying to load MySQL libraries from wrong location, configure failing

On 1 Sep 2007, at 21:36, John N wrote:

I'm reluctant to do, as the normal tarball doesn't have the patches
for XNU's threading (the default ones lead to terrible performance).

I don't know these patches.  But, It's most probably true that such
patches are OpenSourced and available to all.

They can, of course, be applied similarly to tarball or Cvs source.

As, perhaps, Juan will testify, these unstandard library paths can be
some what frustrating.

Yes, they're publicly available, but it's just further hassle. Using ln seems to be the best workaround :\

-g