Re: Help compiling PHP 5.2.3 on OS X

The problem seems to be with the paths of the OSX MySQL installation and the paths that the PHP MySQL libraries are looking for.

Under OSX the MySQL libs are installed in /usr/local/mysql/lib

however the PHP MySQL module expects the MySQL shared libraries at / usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql

What I was able to to do to get around this issue is create a set of symlinks:

cd /usr/local/mysql/lib
ln -s /usr/local/mysql/lib ./mysql
cd /usr/local/mysql/include
ln -s /usr/local/mysql/include ./mysql