From: RodgerW [mailto:rodger.wills@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 2:33 AM
To: php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Install(Auto) PHP 5.2.3 on Apache2.2.4 (WinXP)

Can an auto install be done of PHP 5.2.3 on Apache 2.2.4 on WinXP
platform or must it be a manual install? I have attempted this. Tried
the Hello World PHP page. Looks like the PHP bit does not go through PHP
because it does not display the message in the web page. That is, the
PHP bit is not rendered to HTML. I viewed the Apache httpd.conf file and
   saw that the install did put some PHP settings in it:

#BEGIN PHP INSTALLER EDITS - REMOVE ONLY ON UNINSTALL
PHPIniDir "C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\"
LoadModule php5_module "C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\php5apache2_2.dll"
#END PHP INSTALLER EDITS - REMOVE ONLY ON UNINSTALL

I used the PHP installer from the PHP web site. I installed it to the
default as can be seen. Although I read somewhere that one should not
install to the "Program Files" directory due to the space character in
the folder name of "Program Files", I would thing that the double quotes
around it would take care of that problem.

So what am I doing wrong? Am I missing some directories which I need to
add to the class path? Are there some DLL's which I need to register? Or
do I need to uninstall and rather extract the PHP Zip package to a
folder like "C:\PHP" with no space characters in file path? If an auto
install on Apache 2.2.4 is not possible, why would there be a
downloadable install file?