Re: Automatically adding #! to all PHP scripts

Something like this may do it.

***********
from php.ini

auto_prepend_file string

Specifies the name of a file that is automatically parsed before the main file. The file is included as if it was called with the include() function, so include_path is used.

The special value none disables auto-prepending. ***********

So if you add:

#!/usr/local/php5/bin/php

to a file called, say, cgi_start.php

then set that in php.ini with:

auto_prepend_file cgi_start.php

According to the php docs, that should be included at the start of each file automatically. Never tried it, as I have no need for it at the moment.

If you are running php as a CLI interpreter, you should check out the section in the manual on security, when you have time.

IV. Security
22. Introduction
23. General considerations
24. Installed as CGI binary
25. Installed as an Apache module
26. Filesystem Security
27. Database Security
28. Error Reporting
29. Using Register Globals
30. User Submitted Data
31. Magic Quotes
32. Hiding PHP
33. Keeping Current

Also, you might want to look at the Apache manual about using suexec as well.

Kind Regards

Keith Roberts