Re: building php-cgi under AIX 5.3 and Solaris 8

Thanks folks -

The solution to my problem is so obvious I apologize to the list for not seeing it before posting. The problem generating php-cgi and php executables by default on AIX and Solaris is with the platform specific "make" The simple solution is to use "gmake" instead while continuing to specify the standard compilers, that is, /usr/bin/cc not gcc.

Joseph Burch
ITC-Unix Systems
University of Virginia