Re: installing php on WinXP

On 4/26/07, EmilH <emilslx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.
I have a similar problem as Steve installing PHP on WinXP. Can anybody help
me or post a link to a website with step-by-step instructions? Please read
his post below.
Thanks.
Emil.

"I have a W2K3 server on IIS 6.0.  I tried the install for PHP windows
binary 5.2.1 Installer.  It failed the first time.  I ran the REPAIR.  It
seemed to install ok.

It installed to the default directory c:\program files\php.

When I execute a php file downloaded from my textbook ( test.php), I see a
number of dll errors.

For example:

mbstring.dll
oci.dll
aspell-is.dll
libcs.dll
db2cli.dll
isqlt09a.dll
core_rl_magick_.dll
iilibapi.dll

If you have any suggestions on how to install PHP on a w2k3 web server, I
would appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,

Steve Lazalde
<snip>

There are instructions for  Windows installations  on the main PHP site.

I've not done Windows installs, but seem to remember that

a) you have to ame certain that php.ini is located where it can be read
b) within php.ini you have to point to these  .dll's
c) you have to restart your web server so it re-reads php.ini.

Hope this steers you in the right direction.

Regards - Miles