Re: Changes to .php-files not shown immediately

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Ralph Kutschera wrote:

To: php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Ralph Kutschera <ecuapac@xxxxxx>
Subject:  Changes to .php-files not shown immediately

Hallo!

 I've got the problem that when I do changes to a .php-file and reload
it within the browser I don't see the changes immediately. I see them
after reloading for minutes.

E.g.:
Changing echo "foo"; to echo "bar"; will show up "foo" for minutes.

It doesn't seem to be a caching problem with the browser (tested with
Firefox/Iceweasel and Konqueror).

Is there maybe PHP/Apache caching which I'm not aware of?

The Apache php_module (libphp5.so on my system) only reads the php-ini file when the server is first started.

To make any changes take effect, you will have to stop/start apache.

Regards

Keith

http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

This email address is challenge-response protected with
http://www.tmda.net