PHP on Win XP 64 bit and IIS

I installed PHP version 5.2.1 on XP  64 bit version (using IIS CGI), and
although it installed without error, I get an error
whenever I access any php script, "The specified CGI application misbehaved
by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.".
I tried both manual and automatic install techniques.

The same installation on a 32bit XP version worked without a problem.

Can anyone tell me if PHP works on a 64 bit machine with IIS? If so, what do
I need to do to make it work?

Much thanks
Simon Michnowicz
Ludwig Institute of Cancer Research